The Arent&Pyke experience is about supporting our clients to make informed decisions, nurturing their vision, curating their existing treasured objects and providing innovative and beautiful spaces.
Interior designers of exceptional technical and aesthetic expertise, the pairing of Arent&Pyke principals Juliette Arent and Sarah-Jane Pyke is realised as responsive and emotionally layered interiors. Whether tearing down walls or building new ones, Arent&Pyke’s work is consistently hallmarked by a clear understanding of their clients’ needs, lifestyle and passions. The result is an exceptional portfolio of award winning projects.
Working with clients directly or collaborating with architects from concept to completion of renovations and builds, Arent&Pyke compose beautifully realised interiors of finished details and decorated ambiance. Founded on the full cache of their shared technical expertise, Arent&Pyke collaborate with artisans, architects, artists and suppliers for an expanded knowledge base to facilitate your vision from planning, through project management to final decoration and styling.
Led by Sarah-Jane Pyke and Juliette Arent, the team at Arent&Pyke are renowned for their intuitive and honest approach. They combine a collective thirst for creative exploration with problem-solving skills and an eye for detail, ensuring each project is unique, polished and seamlessly delivered. Their work is underscored by a belief that genuine relationships with clients are paramount to an authentic creative process.
Drawing on a Bachelor of Interior Architecture (UNSW), Sarah-Jane’s meticulous attention to detail, coupled with an eye for beautiful and unexpected combinations, has been finely honed through her work with respected architectural firms. Her design processes and spatial acumen, while concept driven, are also highly practical thanks to the invaluable experience of working on-site alongside builders and tradespeople. The result is a genuine and respectful relationship with consultants that is both indicative and cherished as innate to the Arent&Pyke ethos of collaborative respect.
Combining the expertise of a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Sculpture) UNSW with an Advanced Diploma in Interior Design (SIT), Juliette’s is a very particular skill set that is able to facilitate and nurture individual and layered interiors. Her’s is a philosophy of ‘emotional design’ that supports an honest connection with the client, whereby a shared vision is appropriately manifest as a beautiful and liveable result. Indeed, it is the philosophical stance of mid-century designers that most succinctly defines her design principle, in that design, must always respond to the way in which we live and how we interact with one another.
Graduating with a Masters of Architecture from Sydney University, Dominique worked as a project architect on residential projects for five years before following her heart and focusing on interiors with Arent&Pyke in 2011. As an Associate, Dominique works closely with both Principals and clients to execute our residential projects. With a clear passion for design detail, Dominique is equally well known for her love of colour. Her leading role in the conception and execution of the Arent&Pyke blog inoutdesignblog.com and our Chat in a Chair series displays her multi-skilled approach to her profession.
Rearing to go Genevieve completed her first retail design project whilst finishing her studies at the esteemed Design Centre, Enmore. Since then Genevieve has worked across a broad range of design sectors, including retail, hospitality and residential, as well as contributing to deliver large hotel projects in Sydney and Asia, before joining Arent&Pyke as a senior designer in 2013. Always eager for a challenge Genevieve is armed with a great eye for materials and a talent for bringing together unexpected elements with spectacular results, beautifully complementing the team.
Graduating from ANU with an Art/Asian Studies degree, Kristen then extended her time at university, studying Tourism Management at the University of Canberra, before embarking on career adventures in travel and tourism. Following 11 years in International Sales for Accor Hotels, Kristen decided to follow her passion for design, switching industry to take up a commercial sales role with Australian furniture champions, Koskela. That role in the Australian design community led her to us at Arent&Pyke, joining the team as Practice Manager. Kristen is known for her love of colour, tea and stripes.
“Arent&Pyke demonstrated the importance of how good design can make the difference from great to magnificent. Also, as a client I valued the contacts and resources available to us. This ranged from sourcing furniture, to window treatments and paint selections. There is so much to think about and the interior designer is there to guide you through the maze of choices.” – Client, The Avenue
Knowing who delivers what in the world of architects and designers can be mystifying. As such, Arent&Pyke provide the multidiscipline expertise and technical skills of interior architecture, design and art knowledge in unison with architects to create beautiful interiors. Theirs is an immersive approach that engages the client throughout the entire process with each project, while managed by the appropriate director, benefiting from the expertise of both directors through ongoing review and client discussion.
- Interior Design
- Interior Decoration
Winner of three national awards (AIDA 2014, IDEA 2014 and Belle Coco Republic Interior Design Awards 2014) and shortlisted for two international awards. Featured in Vogue Living, Daily Telegraph, Belle Magazine, Artichoke and (inside) publications.
Shortlisted for three national awards (AIDA 2014, IDEA 2014 and Belle Coco Republic Interior Design Awards 2014) and winner of Room of the Year for House & Garden Top 50 Rooms. Featured in Belle Magazine, Vogue Living, House & Garden and (inside) publications.
Shortlisted for two national awards (AIDA 2013 and IDEA 2013) for International Project. Featured in Vogue Living April 2013 and Andrew Martin Design Review 2013
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2016FINALIST - Designer of the Year 2016
Shortlist - Alex Hotel for Hospitality
Shortlist - Double Bay for Residential Design
Shortlist - Bellevue Hill House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Croydon House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Macmasters Beach House for Residential Decoration
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2016WINNER - Alex Hotel for Best Hospitality
Shortlist - Bronte Beach House for Residential Design
Shortlist - Bronte Beach House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Macmasters Beach House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Willoughby House for Residential Decoration
SHortlist - Croydon House for Residential Decoration
- Belle Coco Republic Design Awards 2016WINNER - Best Hospitality Interior for Alex Hotel
WINNER - Reader's Choice Award for Double Bay House
FINALIST - Designer of the Year 2016
- Dulux Colour Awards 2016WINNER - Best use of colour in Hospitality Interior for Alex Hotel
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2015WINNER - Residential Decoration for Figtree House
Shortlist - Residential Decoration for Parkview House
- Eat Drink Design Awards 2015Shortlist- Best Bar Design for Alex Hotel Mezzanine Lounge and Roof Terrace
HIGHLY COMMENDED - Best Cafe Design for Alex Hotel Lobby Espresso Bar and Lounge
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2015HIGHLY COMMENDED - Residential Decoration for Figtree House
Shortlist - Residential Decoration for Park View House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2014Winner – Residential Decoration for The Avenue
Shortlist – Residential Decoration for The Pavilion House
Shortlist – Residential Design for The Avenue (in collaboration with TFAD)
- Belle Coco Republic Design Awards 2014Winner – Residential Design for The Avenue
Finalist – Designer of the Year 2014
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2014Winner – Residential Decoration for The Avenue
Shortlist – Residential Decoration for The Art Apartment
Shortlist – Residential Design for The Pavilion House
- INSIDE World Festival of Interiors Awards 2014Finalist – Residential Design for The Avenue (in collaboration with TFAD)
- World Interiors News Awards 2014Shortlist– Residential Design for The Avenue (in collaboration with TFAD)
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2014Winner – Room of the Year 2014 for The Pavilion House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2013Shortlist – International Project for New York Apartment
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2013Shortlist – International Project for New York Apartment
- Sydney Design Awards 2013Winner – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2012Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2012Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- Sydney Design Awards 2012Winner – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2012Shortlist– for Balmain East House
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2011Shortlist – for Vaucluse One House
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2010Shortlist – Vaucluse House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2009Winner – Best of State for Darling Point Apartment Commendation – Residential Decoration for Darling Point Apartment Commendation – Emerging Interior Design Practice 2009 Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Darling Point Apartment Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Coogee Beach House
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2009Shortlist – Residential Design for Darling Point Apartment Shortlist – Residential Design for Coogee Beach House Shortlist – Emerging Interior Design Practice 2009