Our interior design studio was formed in 2007 by principals Juliette Arent and Sarah-Jane Pyke. Since its inception, Arent&Pyke has grown into an award-winning design practice with a distinctive style and approach to living in the home.
We believe that our clients should connect emotionally with the spaces they live in. We work collaboratively, seeking to understand exactly how you want to live, helping you uncover your own tastes and aesthetic visions, supporting you to make informed decisions – and ultimately creating carefully considered, functional and beautiful spaces that fit your life. We want your interior to work for you and to delight you every day. We want you to feel at home.
Juliette and Sarah-Jane combine decades of design expertise with a shared dedication to creating comfortable and sophisticated interiors. With our team of interior designers, technicians and administrators we aim to provide you with the most professional service and the benefits of our collective creativity and design knowledge.
Drawing on a Bachelor of Interior Architecture (UNSW), Sarah-Jane’s meticulous attention to detail, coupled with an eye for beautiful and unexpected combinations, has been finely honed through her work with respected architectural firms. Her design processes and spatial acumen, while concept driven, are also highly practical thanks to the invaluable experience of working on-site alongside builders and tradespeople. The result is a genuine and respectful relationship with consultants that is both indicative and cherished as innate to the Arent&Pyke ethos of collaborative respect.
Combining the expertise of a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Sculpture) UNSW with an Advanced Diploma in Interior Design (SIT), Juliette’s is a very particular skill set that is able to facilitate and nurture individual and layered interiors. Her’s is a philosophy of ‘emotional design’ that supports an honest connection with the client, whereby a shared vision is appropriately manifest as a beautiful and liveable result. Indeed, it is the philosophical stance of mid-century designers that most succinctly defines her design principle, in that design, must always respond to the way in which we live and how we interact with one another.
Graduating with a Masters of Architecture from Sydney University, Dominique worked as a project architect on residential projects for five years before following her heart and focusing on interiors with Arent&Pyke in 2011. As an Associate, Dominique works closely with both Principals and clients to execute our residential projects. With a clear passion for design detail, Dominique is equally well known for her love of colour. Her leading role in the conception and execution of the Arent&Pyke blog inoutdesignblog.com displays her multi-skilled approach to her profession.
Rearing to go Genevieve completed her first retail design project whilst finishing her studies at the esteemed Design Centre, Enmore. Since then Genevieve has worked across a broad range of design sectors, including retail, hospitality and residential, as well as contributing to deliver large hotel projects in Sydney and Asia, before joining Arent&Pyke as a senior designer in 2013. Always eager for a challenge Genevieve is armed with a great eye for materials and a talent for bringing together unexpected elements with spectacular results, beautifully complementing the team.
Graduating from ANU with an Art/Asian Studies degree, Kristen then extended her time at university, studying Tourism Management at the University of Canberra, before embarking on career adventures in travel and tourism. Following 11 years in International Sales for Accor Hotels, Kristen decided to follow her passion for design, switching industries to take up a commercial sales role with Australian furniture champions, Koskela. That role in the Australian design community led her to us at Arent&Pyke, joining the team as Practice Manager.
Graduating from a Bachelor of Interior Architecture with first class honours, Phoebe has worked across multiple sectors such as commercial, residential and hospitality design at both boutique and large global architecture and design firms. Phoebe feels most creatively at home when working on residential projects which allow her to curate highly emotive environments with a strong sense of narrative. Phoebe is adept at crafting unique and inspiring concepts as well as delivering highly detailed and resolved documentation. A passionate collector and curator Phoebe is constantly striving towards living beautifully and helping others around her to appreciate the beauty in even the smallest of life’s daily rituals.
Nina is a highly experienced designer, who has worked in architecture and interior design for more than 11 years. Graduating from Enmore Design College in 2004, Nina went on to work in small architectural practices in retail, commercial and multi-residential projects. Her passion and interest in residential design and creating beautiful spaces led her to Arent&Pyke. A creative, open and passionate designer, Nina has an eye for detail and an instinctive approach to design. She is a fan of timeless, modernist design and craftsmanship.
Having graduated from the University of Technology with a Bachelor of Design (Interiors), Sarah has spent many years honing her skills across a broad spectrum of project types including hospitality, commercial, retail and residential. Specialising in residential design within her own practice before joining Arent&Pyke, Sarah brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the team in her role as a senior designer. She is passionate about creating carefully considered, life-enriching interior spaces that are tailored to suit each client’s unique brief and personality.
Passionate about good design, Erin’s focus is on creating environments that both excite and enhance the users’ experience. Drawing from her honours degrees in Interior Architecture, Erin has developed a strong admiration for all forms of built environments, however, it has become apparent that her true passion lies in the design of residential spaces. Having worked on an array of residential projects, she has been able to experience the emotive connection that comes with creating a space that is truly unique to the client as an individual.
With an inherent interest in design from a young age, Grace studied Interior Architecture at UNSW graduating with an Honours degree. Since completing her studies, Grace has had professional experience across a broad range of design sectors including commercial, hospitality, and multi-residential. Her love for residential interiors and bespoke design led her to join the Arent&Pyke team to follow her passion for creating beautiful interiors that spark joy in everyday living. Grace has an observant and conscientious nature, as well as a keen eye for detail.
Jessica studied Fine Arts and Arts at College of Fine Arts UNSW, majoring in textile design and film studies. With a passion for textiles and a keen eye for the visual, Jessica started her career in the design industry at one of Australia’s leading furniture suppliers. With a background in marketing and sales, Jessica’s experience has given her an appreciation for and well-rounded understanding of design and craftsmanship. Her role at Arent&Pyke involves working across all stages of the design process, which inspires and encourages her sense of creativity.
With a background in fashion styling and marketing, Thea’s experience allows her to draw on transferable skills in the creative industry, giving her a unique approach to interior design. With an eye for detail, Thea brings a passionate and enthusiastic attitude to her role at Arent&Pyke. Fostering a warm and personal connection with each project, Thea enjoys building relationships with both clients and suppliers. Furthering her education, Thea is currently studying Interior Design at The Design Centre, Enmore, allowing her to hone her skills and develop her design qualifications.
At Arent & Pyke we offer a complete interior design and decorating service. The work we do for you may include any or all of the following: –
Interior renovation including structural and architectural alterations. We will work directly with you, or your architect to make spatial changes that will liberate, or make sense of, your existing interior.
Collaborations with our preferred design professionals. If the project needs an architect, landscape architect or other specialist, and you don’t have your own, we can recommend professionals with whom we have developed strong collaborative working relationships.
Custom designed joinery such as wardrobes, built-in cabinets or freestanding pieces that will provide tailored solutions for your needs.
Custom designed kitchens and bathrooms with structural and cosmetic alterations.
Selection of materials and finishes such as flooring, tiles, stones, timbers, paints and wallpapers.
Selection of furniture, lighting, rugs, and interior accessories.
Design and installation of window treatments.
Design and management of bespoke upholstery and soft furnishings.
Art selection, curation and hanging of artworks.
- Interior Design
- Interior Decoration
Winner of two national awards (Australian Interior Design Awards 2016 and Belle Coco Republic Interior Design Awards 2016) and shortlisted for two national awards (IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2016 and Eat Drink Design Awards 2015). Featured in Artichoke, Qantas Magzine, Elle Decoration South Africa, and Interior Design Magazine publications.
Winner of one national award (IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2017) and shortlisted for one national award (Australian Interior Design Awards 2017). Featured in Art Edit Magazine, Domain, Good Weekend and (inside) publications.
Winner of one national award (Belle Coco Republic Interior Design Awards 2016) and shortlisted for one national award (IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2016). F
- Belle Coco Republic Interior Design Awards 2018WINNER - Best Work with Colour (overall)
FINALIST - Best Residential Interior for Curatorial House
FINALIST - Best Residential Bathroom Design for Curatorial House
FINALIST - Best Residential Interior – Readers’ Choice for Curatorial House
FINALIST - Best Residential Interior – Readers’ Choice for Amarelo Terrace
FINALIST - Interior Designer of the Year (overall)
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2018WINNER - Curatorial House for Residential Decoration
SHORTLISTED - Treetop House for Residential Decoration
SHORTLISTED - Amarelo Terrace for Residential Decoration
- Houses Awards 2018SHORTLISTED - Lighthouse Apartment for Best Apartment or Unit
SHORTLISTED - Curatorial House for Best House Alteration & Addition over 200 sqm
SHORTLISTED - Amarelo Terrace for Best House Alteration & Addition over 200 sqm
- Dulux Colour Awards 2018COMMENDATION - Amarelo Terrace for Best Residential Interior
- Belle Coco Republic Interior Design Awards 2017FINALIST - Best Residential Bathroom Design for Barcom Terrace
FINALIST - Best Work with Colour
FINALIST - Belle Coco Republic Interior Designer of the Year
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2017SHORTLISTED - Pyrmont Apartment for Residential Decoration
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2017WINNER - Pyrmont Apartment for Residential Decoration
SHORTLISTED - Lighthouse Apartment for Residential Decoration
SHORTLISTED - Darling Point Penthouse for Residential Decoration
SHORTLISTED - Barcom Terrace for Residential Single
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2016FINALIST - Designer of the Year 2016
Shortlist - Alex Hotel for Hospitality
Shortlist - Double Bay for Residential Design
Shortlist - Bellevue Hill House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Croydon House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Macmasters Beach House for Residential Decoration
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2016WINNER - Alex Hotel for Best Hospitality
Shortlist - Bronte Beach House for Residential Design
Shortlist - Bronte Beach House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Macmasters Beach House for Residential Decoration
Shortlist - Willoughby House for Residential Decoration
SHortlist - Croydon House for Residential Decoration
- Belle Coco Republic Design Awards 2016WINNER - Best Hospitality Interior for Alex Hotel
WINNER - Reader's Choice Award for Double Bay House
FINALIST - Designer of the Year 2016
- Dulux Colour Awards 2016WINNER - Best use of colour in Hospitality Interior for Alex Hotel
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2015WINNER - Residential Decoration for Figtree House
Shortlist - Residential Decoration for Parkview House
- Eat Drink Design Awards 2015Shortlist- Best Bar Design for Alex Hotel Mezzanine Lounge and Roof Terrace
HIGHLY COMMENDED - Best Cafe Design for Alex Hotel Lobby Espresso Bar and Lounge
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2015HIGHLY COMMENDED - Residential Decoration for Figtree House
Shortlist - Residential Decoration for Park View House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2014Winner – Residential Decoration for The Avenue
Shortlist – Residential Decoration for The Pavilion House
Shortlist – Residential Design for The Avenue (in collaboration with TFAD)
- Belle Coco Republic Design Awards 2014Winner – Residential Design for The Avenue
Finalist – Designer of the Year 2014
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2014Winner – Residential Decoration for The Avenue
Shortlist – Residential Decoration for The Art Apartment
Shortlist – Residential Design for The Pavilion House
- INSIDE World Festival of Interiors Awards 2014Finalist – Residential Design for The Avenue (in collaboration with TFAD)
- World Interiors News Awards 2014Shortlist– Residential Design for The Avenue (in collaboration with TFAD)
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2014Winner – Room of the Year 2014 for The Pavilion House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2013Shortlist – International Project for New York Apartment
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2013Shortlist – International Project for New York Apartment
- Sydney Design Awards 2013Winner – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2012Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2012Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- Sydney Design Awards 2012Winner – Residential Decoration for Balmain East House
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2012Shortlist– for Balmain East House
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2011Shortlist – for Vaucluse One House
- House & Garden Top 50 Rooms 2010Shortlist – Vaucluse House
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2009Winner – Best of State for Darling Point Apartment Commendation – Residential Decoration for Darling Point Apartment Commendation – Emerging Interior Design Practice 2009 Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Darling Point Apartment Shortlist – Residential Decoration for Coogee Beach House
- IDEA Interior Design Excellence Awards 2009Shortlist – Residential Design for Darling Point Apartment Shortlist – Residential Design for Coogee Beach House Shortlist – Emerging Interior Design Practice 2009